1st Battalion, 6th Infantry

The Regulars

Heroes Hall


Home  A/1/6

Home 1st Bn 6th Inf

List by Name List by Date List by Unit

Correct the Record



Correct the Record

Adding Records -


The first phase of this project, which covers the years 1967 through 1969, is almost complete.  Many general orders missing from the Americal Division collection.  If you have general orders that are not listed for the period 1967 or 68 please contact the webmaster for mailing instructions: Webmaster@A-1-6.org


Errors on the list -


If you find a typo on the list please send a note to:   Webmaster@A-1-6.org


Remove my Name -


If you want your name and/or general order removed from public display please send a note to: Webmaster@A-1-6.org


Getting My Records -


If you are a veteran or next-of-kin of a deceased veteran, you may now use the following link to request military records  vetrecs.archives.gov 


Lost Medals -


Requests for replacement of lost military service medals, decorations, and awards should be directed to :

National Personnel Records Center
Medals Section (NRPMA-M)
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100

Replacement medals may be requested by letter or completing a Standard Form 180 (Request Pertaining to Military Records). If sending a letter, your request should include your full name, service number or Social Security number, date and place of birth, approximate dates of service, and your return address. Whether your request is by letter or SF Form 180, you should provide documentation that shows you were awarded the medals. Providing a copy of your DD Form 214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) can satisfy this requirement.